A couple months ago, we shared with you a story about a 25-year-old veil that traveled from Murfreesboro, Tennessee to Winston-Salem, where Brian disassembled the veil, cleaned it, reassembled it, and shipped it back to Tennessee in time for the final gown fitting and ultimately the big day. The thing we failed to mention in that post, and other posts in fact, was that we do this sort of thing all the time. We’ve had so many requests for wedding gown cleaning and preservation outside of the triad that we’ve streamlined the process and made it so simple for our customers. Here’s how it works:
- Call Shores at 1-844-MY-1-GOWN to speak with a specialist
- Click this link
- Fill out the Courier Request Form, using the address where your gown will be picked up from and returned to. Be certain you include a declared value or UPS will use a default value of $100.
- Two to three days after you submit the form, you will receive a custom, prepaid shipping container. Follow the enclosed instructions to properly package your gown.
- Once your gown is properly packaged, call 1-800-Pick-Ups, and UPS will come pick up your gown and deliver it to us.
- After we receive and inspect your gown, one of our specialists will call you to discuss the process and estimated costs. If you would rather not continue with the cleaning and preservation, we will return the gown to you at no cost.
- Wedding gown cleaning and preservation begins at $299 and can increase based on the gown’s material, the detail on the dress, the types of soil on the dress, the number of spills and stains, and the amount of time needed to do the job right the first time.
As you research companies to determine which one will provide the best care for your wedding gown, please consider this: Shores does not offer mass-produced, factory-type gown cleaning; each gown is cleaned by hand on-site by a trained professional. True gown preservationists use museum quality materials and processes to ensure a flawless final product. We strive for perfection on every gown the first time.
To learn more about our wedding gown cleaning and preservation process, click here, or call Brian at 336-725-0077.